Sunday 10 May 2015

I enjoyed this view of the Tower from Rowley Fields

The weather has been typical for May making going for a walk up the Welcombe Hills needing some big decisions…do I wear a fleece, t-shirt or a coat? Maybe take all three as you never know what weather that sometimes fierce wind will bring in. Rough winds after all do shake the darling buds of May.

I was struck by this view as I was on my way with the dogs towards the Tower House, thinking that if we were going to walk up the hills would the bridle path towards Clopton House or the track towards the reservoir provide most shelter.  The dark dramatic clouds in the distance, the grey stone of the Tower House and the bright yellow of the buttercups in the foreground looked to be worth capturing.

I can't remember which way we went in the end. I was well-togged up but probably got soaked anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment