Friday 11 December 2015

I found these pics of sunnier days from the summer

Outside it's cold, wet and it will inevitably be very muddy up the Welcombe. The dogs won't mind though so regardless of the weather we'll be about up there before too long. I was looking through pics on my computer, as I do from time to time, and came across some I took one summer  of a family flying kites on the Monument Field. Running in a field, catching the wind with your kite - how good is that? 




Here's another pic I took of the grasses and flowers on the Clopton Park side in the summer. It seems to me the Welcombe Hills has got so much to offer so many people.

The rain's pattering on the conservatory roof, the dogs are getting restless for a walk and I'm thinking about how many layers I'll need to keep warm and dry. I'm also wondering at  the incredible seasonal transformations of our countryside. Whilst it won't be a great deal of fun up there in the rain today, it won't be long before spring, the longer days and colour returns.

To be sure, I'll be up there and posting regularly. 







1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Mike. You are such an inspiration to Polly and me. Will have to brave the rain and go out now! Who knows what we'll see - big black slugs! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete